[Paraview] Fw:Re:Re: Paraview store all data in every server node?

Renato Elias rnelias at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 08:38:50 EDT 2009

It seems that you're writting parallel geometry in a serial way. Partitioned
grid, as far as I know, must be stored as spatial collections in xdmf
format. In other words, each processors stores its own grid portion (a pair
xdmf/hdf5 file) and rank0, for instance, writes a xdmf file describing how
to "glue" the grid pieces using a spatial collection clause.

[]'s

Renato.

2009/9/2 weaponfire2005 <weaponfire2005 at 163.com>

> Hi:
>   Well, I post my .xmf file(the attachment). In fact,the structure of
> the xmf file is simple. It only contains some <Grid>. I use a "for()"
> loop to write this file. The raw data is HDF5 data format. Is something
> wrong?
>  Thanks for help.
>

> 2009-09-01,"Berk Geveci" berk.geveci at kitware.com> :
> >Can you post an example dataset? Just the xmf file would be sufficient.
> >
> >-berk
> >
> > <berk.geveci at kitware.com%3E+%EF%BC%9A%3ECan+you+post+an+example+dataset?+Just+the+xmf+file+would+be+sufficient.%3E%3E-berk%3E%3E>  Re:Re: [Paraview] Paraview store all data in every server node?
> >> Hi:
> >>    I used vtkXdmfReader to read my data(ParaView version is 3.4.0), and I
> >> also found some information about my problem(XDMF bad memory use) from
> >> the mail list. But I didn't find a final resolution for it.
> >>    My problem is, for example:
> >>       run: mpirun -np 4 ./pvserver
> >>     after reading data and rendering isosurface, each
> >> node(process) consume 2GB memory
> >>   and run: mpirun -np 16 ./pvserver
> >>     after reading data and rendering isosurface, each
> >> node(process) also consume 2GB memory
> >>     For this problem, I could't visualize large-scale dataset. Because if a
> >> dataset could be visualized by one node, It also could  be visualized by 16
> >> nodes, but if it could't be visualized by one node, it also could't by 16
> >> nodes(or more).
> >>     Maybe I should try ParaView 3.6.1. I will cry if the problem still exist
> >> in version 3.6.1......
>

> >> 2009-08-30,"Andy Bauer" <andy.bauer at kitware.com> :
> >>
> >> The problem may be the reader that you're using.  Some of the readers in VTK
> >> are not parallel so even if you run multiple processes each process will
> >> still try to load the entire dataset in that case.
> >>
> >> Andy

> >> Please keep messages on-topic and check the ParaView Wiki at:
> >> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

> 没有广告的终身免费邮箱,www.yeah.net <http://www.yeah.net/?from=footer>

Renato N. Elias
High Performance Computing Center (NACAD)
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Sent from Rio De Janeiro, RJ, Brazil