[Paraview] About on-line available binaries for next release

Sven Buijssen sven.buijssen at tu-dortmund.de
Tue Sep 1 06:05:36 EDT 2009

Hi Burlen,

> your link errors may be because the released binary is built with
> VTK_USE_64BIT_IDS set OFF. While your local compile is built with it
> set ON. Try setting it to OFF.

Thanks a lot! You pinpointed the source of my troubles.
VTK_USE_64BIT_IDS needs to be explicitly set to OFF, indeed, in order to
be able to compile 64bit versions of plugins that work with official
64bit releases of ParaView 3.6.1. The setting resolved the segfault on
Linux 64bit and the "not a valid qt plugin" plugin load error on Mac.

Sven