[Paraview] ParaView display wall support

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Oct 30 15:49:42 EDT 2009

Yes ParaView supports tiled display walls.

The server must be compiled from source to enable MPI because except
for Mac, none of the binaries on the paraview download page have MPI
turned on.

After that, simply start pvserver with the -tdx and -tdy arguments to
specify the width and height (in terms of number of monitors). The
first tdx x tdy server nodes drive the wall. They and the rest of the
server nodes take part in parallel rendering and then compositing to
fill them. The preferences page has parameters that you can use to
help maintain interactivity (LOD and downsampling during camera motion
etc).

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer