[Paraview] paraview freezes the laptop with Intel graphics card

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 12:12:35 EDT 2009

Woooo... If it is possible for you to trace a debug built, it could give
useful information. However, I precise my question: are you experiencing
-sometimes- this crash with your files, or it happens also on common files,
such as the one you can find in ParaViewData?

Waiting for your debug trace ;)

Jerome

2009/10/30 siqi chen <siqichensc at gmail.com>

> Hi, Jerome,
>
> This is the weird part. It doesn't crash at specific files. It seems like a
> random event.
>
> Thanks
> Siqi
>
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Jérôme <jerome.velut at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running Fedora 11 as well, but with ATI card. Are you experiencing
>> this problem with *every* vti/vtp files? or only with a few? In the latter
>> case, the best you can do is to post the concerned files if they are not too
>> heavy, or to give an url where we can find it.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jerome
>>
>> 2009/10/30 siqi chen <siqichensc at gmail.com>
>>
>>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using Paraview 3.7.0 under Fedora 11. But it constantly freezes the
>>> laptop when try to open files such as .vtp or .vti and I have to manually
>>> reboot. This is annoying.
>>> The video card on the laptop is "Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series
>>> Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller".
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Siqi