[Paraview] Communicating with a Paraview (GUI) server

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Oct 26 10:50:06 EDT 2009

Theoretically yes. But in practice having multiple clients connected
to the same server is an open problem because the server was written
with the assumption that it has only one client controlling it. There
is slightly more support in the code for having the client connected
to multiple other processes (pvservers or possibly something else) but
it is not a well traveled path either.

Utkarsh has done the most work in these direction. He has gotten as
far as having a proof of concept prototype working for a Phase I SBIR.
But finishing the work is the subject of a Phase II SBIR that he is
about to start in on.

In summary, ParaView can't do it now without modifications. The
modifications are non trivial. And we are working on it.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive