[Paraview] Auto-load plugin failed

Yumin Yuan yumin.yuan at kitware.com
Mon Oct 26 10:09:48 EDT 2009

Hi Jerome,

I assume once you load your xml plugin from the plugin_loader, and
check the "Auto Load" checkbox, the next time you start paraview, your
xml plugin is loaded automatically, no? Also, you can set up an
environment variable "PV_PLUGIN_PATH", which paraview will search by
default to load plugins automatically.

Now regarding the warning message, I believe it is due to the new
addition to ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN macro in ParaViewPlugins.cmake (see
below), and the version shown in the plugin_loader_GUI refers to
plugin "Version" you set when calling ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN in
CMakeLists.txt

 ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(Name Version
    [REQUIRED_ON_SERVER]
    [REQUIRED_ON_CLIENT]
    [REQUIRED_PLUGINS pluginname1 pluginname2]
   ...)

New optional arguments for ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN:

 REQUIRED_ON_SERVER is to specify whether this plugin should be loaded on server
 REQUIRED_ON_CLIENT is to specify whether this plugin should be loaded on client
 REQUIRED_PLUGINS is to specify the plugin names that this plugin
depends on; Currently this ARG only allow plugin names, and we should
later also allow plugin versions to be specified.

For a client side only plugin, REQUIRED_ON_CLIENT should be specified;
For a server side only plugin, REQUIRED_ON_SERVER should be specified;
if a plugin has both server and client components in it,
REQUIRED_ON_SERVER and REQUIRED_ON_CLIENT should both be specified,
which is also the default. If only one is specified, the other one
will be set to false. For example, if REQUIRED_ON_SERVER is specified

 ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(Name Version
    [REQUIRED_ON_SERVER]
    ...)

This plugin will have REQUIRED_ON_SERVER be true, REQUIRED_ON_CLIENT be false.

HTH,

Yumin

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 4:34 AM, Jérôme <jerome.velut at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ParaView-CVS brought a good surprise for me a few days ago. The plugin
> loader has been rewrote and is now offering an auto-load option that is very
> useful.
> However, I have an XML description of a lot of VTK native filters that
> cannot be opened automatically. I have to "Load new" each time. Then, no
> problem, the filters are exposed in the menu. But the plugin loader gives a
> warning message (see screenshot attached) and no "Version" (effectively, the
> XML doesn't have a "version=" element)...
>
> Second, I have an AutoStartPlugin that shows exactly the same problem
> (PVCustomizer). The reason, I think, is that this plugin depends on VTK
> filters (SplineFilter) that is described in the previous XML...
>
> Can someone tell me how to make the XML plugin 'autoloadeable' ? I wonder if
> it will solve the second problem...
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Jerome

Yumin Yuan