[Paraview] OverView 0.7.0 alpha: empty "Data" menu with Xcode build target

Zak Burke zak.burke at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 18:16:39 EDT 2009

I am trying to build OverView from the ParaView CVS source tree using
Xcode 3.1.3 on Mac OS X 10.5.8 using the instructions here:

    https://www.kitware.com/InfovisWiki/index.php/Building_OverView

The build appears to be successful, when I run
./bin/debug/OverView.app, the "Data" menu is empty. When I configure
CMake to use Makefile targets instead of Xcode, the "Data" menu
contains four items: GeoRandomGraphSource, RandomGraphSource,
SQLDatabaseGraphSource and SQLDatabaseTableSource. By selecting
SQLDatabaseTableSource, I can connect to a DB, run a query and select
data to create a plot.

I know the most common Mac build target is Makefiles, but I would like
to extend OverView and would like to take advantage of Xcode, rather
than being stuck with gdb, for debugging.

Has anybody encountered this empty-menu issue before? How did you resolve it?

Thanks,

Zak