[Paraview] Tiled display

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Oct 22 12:49:30 EDT 2009

It all should work.  At one time we were driving 12x4 display (~62 million pixels) with graphics cards that only supported 1280x1024.  IceT is careful to only allocate buffers that can be displayed on the local graphics card.  It is also careful not to collect really big images on any one node.  None of the algorithms hold more than two or three tile images at a time (for example, one for sending, one for receiving, and one for aggregation).

You can take my word for it, or you can browse some of the technical publications on IceT.  I have collected them at this web site.

http://www.cs.unm.edu/~kmorel/IceT/index.html

-Ken