[Paraview] Array Calculator missing blocks in a hierarchical multi-block dataset

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Mon Oct 19 12:19:23 EDT 2009

I have a MB dataset of 4 objects, each block being itself a multi-block
dataset. The first MB is a composite object of vtkStructuredGrids, while
the last 3 are again multi-blocks, each one a composite of
vtkStructuredGrids. This is not AMR, just a complex geometry, cleanly
separated into functional objects.

Well, ArrayCalculator does not handle that well. It produces the same
hierarchy, but most objects have empty data fields, except for the first
 MB (at the lowest level), of the last MB at the first level.

Is it possible that the traversal of a multi-composite object does not
quite fully visit all leaf objects? Yet, if I slice the multi-composite
object, I get the correct multi-composite slices. So, is there something
particular to the ArrayCalculator?

Jean--
Swiss National Supercomputing Center