[Paraview] CVS issues?

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 08:23:55 EDT 2009

Hi all

I just compared my git-cvsimport mirror to a fresh CVS checkout and
noticed something strange going on with the file VTK/Rendering/
vtkOpenGLProjectedPolyDataRayBounder.h. It is there in the git mirror,
but doesn't show up in the CVS checkout. So I checked the ViewVC (http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLProjectedPolyDataRayBounder.h?hideattic=0&root=ParaView3&view=log
) and if I'm reading things correctly, the file actually SHOULD show
up in a checkout (as it has the HEAD tag and is on the MAIN branch).

Even stranger, both the .cxx and .h file were removed back in 2001,
but the .h file the just shows up again one day later with a few
changes and was modified a few more times until 2004, although I
suspect that these changes were "automatic" (i.e. formatting,
copyright notice, etc. through scripts or editor macros).

Grepping through the CVS checkout doesn't turn up any references to
the file, so it seems to be orphaned.

I don't think this is a big issue, I'm just wondering why the file
doesn't get checked out by CVS if it clearly isn't marked as dead...

Michael