[Paraview] particle tracing

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Oct 15 18:12:29 EDT 2009

It sounds like you have run into a bug with the reader.  Could you possibly send a few time steps of data so that we can replicate the problem?

-Ken

On 10/15/09 11:33 AM, "lEO lau" <storyoftheyear2003 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Dear Mr. Moreland,

I am just starting with paraview and would like to use the particle tracer filter. But I have no clue how to get it to work.
Would you be kind enough to help me through it?

Bottom line comes down to that I have a 3 dimensional liquid vector flowfield. I made a slice. And I use the slice as source and flowfield as input. But it keeps giving error messages like:

ERROR: In /home/berk/Work/ReleaseBuilds/ParaView3/Servers/Filters/vtkFileSeriesReader.cxx, line 557
vtkFileSeriesReader (0xa2de020): vtkTemporalDataSet not fully supported.

And I have my data files in vtk legacy format.

Is that the problem?

Sincerely,
leo lau

Windows Live: Keep your friends up to date with what you do online. <http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_1:092010>

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov
**  ***  **  phone: (505) 844-8919