[Paraview] pvserver --help text

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Oct 14 13:04:32 EDT 2009

No and yes.  You can use this option to enable offscreen rendering on the server that is hardware accelerated.  I often use it on our cluster to run multiple processes on the same node without worrying about rendering buffers overriding each other.  However, the server processes will still pop open a window on the server nodes, they will just remain blank.  So, if you want to use this option to circumvent having an X host or preventing an annoying window pop up, this option will not help.

-Ken