[Paraview] Python Render() has no effect

Fabian Wein fabian.wein at am.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Oct 14 10:19:32 EDT 2009

Hi,

> You should be able to do it from C++. If you have a
> pqProxy/pqPipelineSource, you can call getProxy() to get the proxy
> object.

Sorry, I don't understand.

I actually have a reader derived from vtkMultiBlockDataSetAlgorithm

>>> What happens if you call MarkModified(None) on your source proxy?
>> This made me research what a source proxy is (I tried to do it without
>> python, just with C++) but now it seems that python is the choice.

With python I can do the following within the python shell:

# this is atually my reader
reader = servermanager.sources.CFSreader
view = GetActiveView()
view.ViewTime = 2
view.StillRender()

voila! it works.

But even when it runs in a thread, paraview is blocked.

I finally found a solution. I use the Animation tool. Paraview
is also blocked but so far it is ok.

BTW,
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ParaView:AnimationTutorial
seems to be heavily outdated - It was luck that we found the Duration
property.

Anyway - I hope my workaround is sufficient.

Thanks!