[Paraview] Segfault on exit()/quit()/raise SystemExit in python script

Sven Buijssen sven.buijssen at tu-dortmund.de
Thu Oct 8 18:28:31 EDT 2009

Hi,

When loading test data set can.ex2 into ParaView 3.7 (CVS as of today)
or ParaView 3.6.1 compiled myself from the official source tarball, not
altering any setting, saving a state file, loading this state file in a
python script and finally exiting this python script with either
a) quit()
b) raise SystemExit
c) exit()
a pvpython built with OpenGL segfaults. Script is attached.

Use "exit" instead and it does not segfault.
Don't load a state file, but directly load can.ex2 and it does not crash
(see N.B.)
Use official binary release of ParaView 3.6.1 and it does not segfault.

A pvpython built with Mesa 7.5.1 does not segfault, for either case.

Can anyone confirm this? Or am I simply triggering somehow a bug in my
GL driver?

I'll add the state file for completeness, but any state file should do.
gdb backtrace attached, too.

Sven

N.B.:
At first, I thought it might be related to
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=6645, but adding one of the exit
commands a)-c) to the script t6.py attached there, does not cause a
segfault.