[Paraview] Adding data in two vtk files.

Tabrez Ali stali at purdue.edu
Sat Oct 3 12:08:51 EDT 2009

David/Berk/Samuel

Thanks for your reply.

I want to add/combine stress results in two .vtk files. They look
exactly the same but have different mesh topologies. If the topology
was same I could just pre process the data before viewing it and add
the cell results (stress in this case) together.

For example here are the stress viz of the two datasets (the mesh
being different in both cases).

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~stali/tmp/ds1.png
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~stali/tmp/ds2.png

I just want to add the two (meaning the result would show the combined
stresses).

I tried using append by first highlighting the two datasets in the
pipeline browser and then clicking the 'Append Dataset' but it doesnt
seem to work unless I am missing something.