[Paraview] Adding data in two vtk files.

Samuel Key samuelkey at bresnan.net
Sat Oct 3 10:22:54 EDT 2009

Tabrez,

If by "add," you mean disply both datum-sets at the same time--

ParaView is quite happy to open and read multiple data files, for
example, meshA.vtu and meshB.vtu. You can then construct individual
filter pipelines and/or set individual display features for the two
meshes/datum-sets. If there is symmetry plane, you can select the
right-half of one datum-set and the left-half of the other datum-set and
display them side-by-side.  Your options are pretty much unlimited.  The
more you use PV the smarter if gets.

If you make the cohesive zone mesh an independently displayable object
with its own data ( e.g., meshCZ.vtu), you can open and read that as a
3rd object as well.