[Paraview] ParaView 3.6.1 transient EnsightGold error

Bart Janssens bart.janssens at rma.ac.be
Thu Oct 1 09:35:13 EDT 2009

On Thursday 03 September 2009 09:04:20 am study80 at gmx.net wrote:
> I have a (transient) *.encas file with some additional velocity and scalar
> files. The files are created from FLUENT 6.3 in conjunction with fluents
> dynamic mesh model.
>
> If i open my *.encase file with paraview 3.6.1, i get the following error
> message:
>
> ERROR: In ..\..\..\src\VTK\IO\vtkGenericEnSightReader.cxx, line 412
> vtkGenericEnSightReader (1B8ACC40): Unable to open file: C:\Dokumente und
> Einstellungen\Chefkoch\Desktop\TEST's\paraview-files\/C:\fluent-files\Parav
>iew\faser-init0100.geo
>
> Warning: In ..\..\..\src\VTK\IO\vtkGenericEnSightReader.cxx, line 413
> vtkGenericEnSightReader (1B8ACC40): Assuming binary file.

I just had the same thing happen to me. The ensight checker warned me of the
fact that my paths were absolute. Setting a relative path in Fluent for the
ensight file (i.e. only specify a filename, don't start with C:\ or /) fixed this
warning and the error in ParaView.

P.S. Any chance that the .encas extension Fluent uses for EnSight Gold files
could be added to ParaView?

Cheers,

--
Bart