[Paraview] vtkUniformGrid

Benjamin Schindler bschindler at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 25 04:08:25 EST 2009

Hi

I'm writing a filter which creates a vtkUniformGrid as its output. The
grid is setup is done using the following code:

    vtkUniformGrid *grid =
vtkUnformGrid::SafeDownCast(outInfo->Get(vtkDataObject::DATA_OBJECT));
    grid->Initialize();
    grid->SetOrigin(origin.data());
    grid->SetDimensions(bins.data());
    grid->GetDimensions(); // Call this so the dimensions array is set -
stupid VTK
    grid->SetNumberOfScalarComponents(3);
    grid->SetScalarTypeToDouble();
    grid->SetSpacing(spacing.data());
    grid->AllocateScalars();

I checked that spacing, origin and bins are set correctly.

Yet, when I run this filter (without setting any data, that data will
therefore be noise), I get an output in paraview without Extent, without
an Origin and without a bounding box, 0 cells etc.

What am I doing wrong here?