[Paraview] Apply Clip Filter using Python

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Nov 23 17:10:22 EST 2009

That looks like a bug.  I submitted a report.

http://www.paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=9958

-Ken

On 11/20/09 9:13 AM, "Dominic Jennewein" <dominic.jennewein at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello!
I'm new to ParaView and Python and have the following question:

How can I "apply" the Clip Filter using Python?
I'm using ParaView 3.6.1 on Windows XP with the "Python Shell" from the Tools Menu.

My Python Script:
---------------------------
clip01=Clip()
clip01.InsideOut=1
clip01.ClipType = "Box"
clip01.ClipType.Scale=[0.5,0.5,0.5]
Show(clip01)

surface=ExtractSurface()
Show(surface)

Render()
---------------------------

I haven't found the possibilty to "apply" the Clip Filter via Python...I always have to press manually the "Apply" Button in the Object Inspector.

I've also tried:

>>> view = servermanager.CreateRenderView()
>>> rep = servermanager.CreateRepresentation(shrinkFilter, view)
>>> view.StillRender()

out of the "Servermanger.pdf", but this creates a new window, which I don't want.
And also

>>> clip01.UpdatePipeline()

doesn't work.

There was a nearly similar question on this mailinglist, but it doesn't help me, I'm sorry:

http://markmail.org/thread/54kjzlk4i5d6sprh

Thank you for your work on ParaView! :-)

Dominic Jennewein

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov