[Paraview] Viewing distortions

Benjamin Schindler bschindler at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 19 11:04:24 EST 2009

Hi

I have a very odd problem with paraview 3.6.1 (debug build directly from
sources):

When displaying different objects, they are not properly laid into
space, probably due to projection problems. One way to very easily see
this is to display a line and then use the spreadsheet view to select a
vertex of that line. The purple dot which highlights the point is then
not on the vertex itself, but at some offset which varies depending on
the viewing direction. I took a screenshot (and taking the screenshot
itself changed the position of the highlight it seemed) to illustrate
the problem.

This is extremely annoying as also datasets/lines are not properly laid
into space so there is no way to tell how the two objects relate to each
other. The same problem happens when selecting objects (see second
screenshot)

Is this a known issue/is there already a fix for this?

Thanks a lot
Benjamin