[Paraview] Step-by-step guide of building a parallel Paraview server?

Ángel de Vicente angelv at iac.es
Mon Nov 16 19:03:59 EST 2009

Hi all,

Ángel de Vicente wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as part of a student project that I was mentoring, I built a small
> Paraview server (4 nodes, 16 CPUs). I have no experience with
> Paraview, so I'm not sure if this is already available somewhere else,
> but a cursory look at the wiki and the mailing list seems to show that
> most information on getting a Paraview server up and running assumes
> that the basic cluster (with MPI, etc.) is already there. I've got
> detailed notes of our installation from scratch. Would this be useful
> to anyone? If so, please let me know, so I can turn the notes
> (probably in September) into a more readable format and publish them
> somewhere.
it has taken longer than expected to find some time to put all the notes
together, but in the end I put a provisional version at
http://www.iac.es/sieinvens/siepedia/pmwiki.php?n=HOWTOs.ParaviewInACluster
, hoping that it can be useful to someone.

I wrote it a bit hastily, so it probably has some mistakes. Any comments
or suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
Ángel de Vicente

| http://www.iac.es/galeria/angelv/           |
| High Performance Computing Support PostDoc  |
| Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias        |