[Paraview] HDF5 in paraview 3.6.1?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Nov 16 12:37:55 EST 2009

Paraview generally treats raw binary files as completely regular data.
You do not need an indexing/header file in this case. When you
instantiate the raw reader it asks the user what the extent, spacing,
data type, endianness etc are.

Xdmf can index into binary files generically. However this capability
was added to the XDMF library after paraview 3.6, and I do not know if
even the PV interface to XDMF in the development head allows that.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive