[Paraview] So basic operation

Fred Fred stan1313 at hotmail.fr
Wed Nov 4 10:58:59 EST 2009

My problem seems as simple as 123: I have an elevation image and I want to create a terrain model by taking elevation in the image.
So my idea was to create a plane at the image resolution, then use WarpByScalar to warp it according to the image content.
But WarpByScalar warps according to an a point data scalar field, which requires that I put the image in the point data of the plane and... I did not find the way to do it.
So 2 questions:
  - how to associate a scalar or vector field to an existing geometry set?
  - is it the right way to proceed for my problem?