[Paraview] Interpretation of histogram of deformation field magnitude?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Nov 4 07:30:53 EST 2009

On the properties panel for the Histogram filter, you choose the array
to generate histogram from. Currently the panel doesn't not support
selecting the magnitude of a vector array (only 1 component). In your
case, by default the 0th component of the GlyphVector is chosen, which
can be negative and hence the plot.

To generate a histogram for the magnitude of the vector, apply another
calculator with the expression:

mag(GlyphVector)

and then generate a histogram using the "Result" array.

Utkarsh