[Paraview] Implementing an "Interactive Reader"

s.habbinga s.habbinga at fz-juelich.de
Wed Nov 4 03:30:17 EST 2009

Hi,

I would like to write a reader plugin which allows some kind of
interaction: after reading the whole dataset (which is particle data and
will be mapped to a imagedata), the user should be able to select a
volume of interest. Thereupon, the reader has to reread the dataset and
map it to the imagedata with the new extent. I don't want to use the
"create subset" filter, because I don't want the VOI to be of a lower
resolution.
Any ideas how I could use a box-widget to specify a volume of interest
and cause the reader to reread the data mapping it to the new imagedata?

Thanks in advance,
Sonja

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt