[Paraview] ParaView3 64-bit on Mac OS X 10.6.1

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 00:54:25 EST 2009

On 3. Nov, 2009, at 6:36 , Elvis Dowson wrote:

> Hi Michael,
> 			Did you have to replace the apple default python interpreter, in
> order to facilitate building paraview with MPI support? If I enable
> python and paraview with MPI support, I get some compilation
> failures, and was wondering if I had to have an python interpreter
> with MPI support.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Elvis

No, however you have to make sure that you're consistent. Do you have
any other Python distribution installed (e.g. through Fink or
MacPorts)? Make sure that PYTHON_EXECUTABLE, PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR and
PYTHON_LIBRARY refer to the same Python installation. If you are
compiling with CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT and CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET other
than the default (e.g. with 10.5 on a 10.6 system) you have to make
sure that especially PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR refers to the Python.framework
version in /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.X.sdk (where X is the minor
version number, e.g. 5 and 6). I'm not sure why I had to do this
(because the flags -isysroot and -mmacosx-version-min set by
CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT and CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET should take care of
that), but I also got compilation failures with Python if I didn't do
this.

Michael