[Paraview] Github mirror

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Sun Nov 1 11:00:48 EST 2009

Michael Wild wrote:
> Just out of curiosity: Do you use the -k flag with git-cvsimport? The
> man-page says that it's highly recommended, but broke things for me.

We're not using git-cvsimport.  The mirror is converted incrementally
from CVS using fromcvs/togit.  We are using it's "-kk" option to remove
CVS keyword replacement values ($Revision: 1.1$ becomes just $Revision$).

I've been tracking several projects with fromcvs/togit for almost two
years.  After the author (quickly!) fixed a couple bugs I discovered
in the first few months of use, it has been very solid.  I've even
re-converted from scratch and obtained the exact same commit sha1s.
It doesn't do cvs tags, but it does do branches very well.

-Brad