[Paraview] ParaView3 64-bit on Mac OS X 10.6.1

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at me.com
Sun Nov 1 05:13:31 EST 2009

Hi Michael,

> I don't use MacPorts. IMHO, it is a completely broken system (at
> least it was when I threw it out the window about 2 years ago).

This is the first time I tried mac ports and it worked really well,
out-of-the-box. No hassles whatsoever. I got gcc-mp-4.3 and also dbus
and it downloaded all the dependencies and installed things just
fine.  I even test dbus and it worked correctly.

> May I suggest you dump the ParaView plugins that come with OpenFOAM
> and use the ones by Takuya Oshima (http://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/Tip_Building_ParaView3_With_OpenFOAM_Native_Reader
> ) instead? It is faster, more accurate, doesn't link against the
> huge OpenFOAM libraries, is parallel and offers much more GUI
> features. There are two ways of building the the ParaView-native
> readers: Either by modifying the source code, or as plugins.

I cannot access the link that you provided me. It doesnt seem to be
working.

Best regards,

Elvis