[Paraview] Crash on Paraview

Wu, Yue yuewu at anl.gov
Tue Mar 31 14:29:08 EDT 2009

Hello,
     I am new to ParaView and want some help.
     I am using ParaView to edit VTK files I generated from another
software. The VTK is reconstructed from parallel CT images. What I need
to do is to erase those features (bones, lungs etc) I don't want.
     The problem is that ParaView crashes when I select a portion of the
3D object before I can delete the portion. The message window is always
covered  by the microsoft 'send error report' window and I can not get
the message out. The Output Messages from the ParaView are:
Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt. You must
reim( the rest of the message is blocked by the new popup window).

     I am running ParaView on a WinXP 32-bit machine with 2GB memory. I
tried version 2.6 and 3.21, both has the problem. My VTK files are
between 26MB and 130MB.

Thanks,

Ryan Wu