[Paraview] vtkXMLPRectilinearGridWriter

Rakesh Hammond rakesh.hammond at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 26 18:31:02 EDT 2009

Hi

I have a vtkRectilinearGrid - I would like to use the
vtkXMLPRectilinearGridWriter to write the output of data into several
pieces.  In order to do this, I do the following

writer->SetInput(grid);
writer->SetNumberOfPieces(5);
writer->Write();

What this seems to be doing is writing a myfile.pvtr correctly and defines
extents of 5 files and even writes out the names of all pieces, for example
myfile_0.vtr ... myfile_4.vtr.

Howerver, there is only one vtr file actually gets written out
(myfile_0.vtr) which contains the other 4 files as piece extents within this
file, rather than in 5 separate files as specified in the .pvtr file.  Do I
need to use MPI to write the 5 files? or am I doing this incorrectly?

Regards,