[Paraview] Fwd: [ParaView3-Developer] Fwd: [Still having Problems] Re: Generating a distribution of ParaView with Plugin

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue Mar 24 16:50:16 EDT 2009

Forwading from developers list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Burlen Loring <burlen.loring at kitware.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 2:55 PM
Subject: Re: [ParaView3-Developer] Fwd: [Paraview] [Still having
Problems] Re: Generating a distribution of ParaView with Plugin
To: Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com>
Cc: ParaQ Developers <ParaQ-Developer at paraview.org>

Rafael,

I am going to assume that, you have all the compiler version/qt
version stuff sorted out, if you don't what I suggest won't make a
difference.

I recall having a similar issue. To work around I had to add my
plugin's bin directory (where it and all of its .dll dependencies
reside)  to the PATH. When you load  a dll on windows *all* of its
dependencies must be found, either in the applications run directory
(in this case that's the ParaView.exe location) or in the PATH. This
all has to do with the way Windows resolves shared library
dependencies. Your plugin won't work unless all of the dependencies
are in the PATH or the same folder as ParaView.exe. In the 3.6 release
we are adding the plugin's bin directory to the search space
during/prior plugin load behind the scenes to get around these type of
issues.

There is a free dependency walker tool that is useful to determine if
there are any dependencies that you don't know of that may be causing
your issues.

Burlen