[Paraview] Problems in loading plugin

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Tue Mar 24 14:53:44 EDT 2009

Here's a few things to check:

Check your qconfig.h file in your Qt build to see if the QT_BUILD_KEY
contains the whole "8.0.50727.867" version for the compiler.
If so, then that's going to prevent it from working anyways.  The
QT_BUILD_KEY must be the same as what Kitware had when they built ParaView.

Can you double check the dll to see if it really is a Qt plugin?
 From cmd.exe  :  dumpbin /exports blabla.dll
should give you a qt_plugin_instance exported symbol, which is the entry
point for a Qt plugin.
The paraview plugin macros should make the entry point for you, but you
could double check it.

The Qt plugin cache might have some details about the plugin such as the
previously mentioned build key.
<http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/plugins-howto.html#the-plugin-cache>
Maybe you'll find a discrepancy.  You could try deleting the cache.

You also can't mix debug plugins with release paraview.

And what version of cmake are you using?  I hope you have a recent
enough one where FindQt4.cmake sets -DQT_NO_DEBUG correctly for a
release build of your plugin (another way to check is if your plugin
cache says its a debug plugin when you actually built a release plugin),
or you can put a workaround for that in your code.

Clint