[Paraview] Set color of inner and outer side of a cell

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Mar 19 14:07:35 EDT 2009

Unfortunately, that feature is not implemented in ParaView yet.  It is something that I am planning to add before ParaView 3.6.  Attached is a plugin that defines a new view that allows you to color front and back faces differently.  I'm not sure if it compiles against Paraview 3.4 but it definitely works with a recent CVS checkout.  To use it (after compiling, of course), load the plugin, delete the 3D view and then create the special Front/Back Render View.  After you do that, you will see that the there is a section in the Display panel that allows you to change the Backface Style.  If you try it out, please give some feedback on the UI, which I'm not too proud of.

If all that sounds like too much work, you might want to try the "Normal Glyphs" filter.  It basically places an arrow pointing out of the front face of cells.  It was added to perform the same check you are trying to do.

-Ken