[Paraview] Contour from Table - how?

Steven Janzou sjanzou at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 22:44:35 EDT 2009

Berk,

I am trying to construct a 24 (hour) by 365 (days) plot of energy
values generated from a simulation and stored in SQLite.

The query that constructs a data table with the the three columns for
plotting is:

select  [hour],(([Month]-1)*31+ [day]) as y, variablevalue
from reportmeterdata rmd join timeindices ti on
rmd.timeindex=ti.timeindex
where recordindex=157
group by [month],[day],[hour]

This is used in the SQLDatabaseTableSource plugin and construct a
table with the [hour], y and variableValue columns from the database -
the plugin adds the idType fourth column.

Then I use a TableToPoints filter to construct a Polygonal Mesh with 1
cell with the correct X range (=[hour]), Y range (=y in query above)
and variableValues from the query.

I then try to construct a contour using the variableValue but that is
not an option in the "Contour By" property of the Contour filter.

I will try the Delaunay filter but need a way to script these data
views and to compare the results over multiple SQLite files - can
Paraview accomplish this?

Thanks,
Steve