[Paraview] Better names for 'representations' ?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Mar 11 15:12:01 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am wondering whether it would be possible or reasonable to have
ParaView match the names of proxies in 'sources' and 'representations'?

When working from Python, it's easy to get a proxy from 'sources' if
you know its name from the pipeline. The name even changes when you
edit it in the pipeline. In contrast, 'representations' proxies are
named 'DataRepresentation1', 'DataRepresentation2', etc., and to find
the proper proxy I always have iterate through the representation
proxies and check for a match between the proxy from 'sources' and the
representation proxy Input.

Since I don't understand much about all the client/server/proxy stuff,
I don't know if this is a reasonable request, or if it's difficult for
PV to do things internally like change the representation name when
the source name is changed.

Thanks,
-Eric