[Paraview] The flow process for paraview and interaction between QT and VTK parts

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Mar 11 08:45:30 EDT 2009

vtk objects are all controlled through vtkSMProxies. This indirection
allows the client application to control vtk objects that exist in
remote (often parallel) processes as easily as it controls vtk objects
that exist within the same process.

The QT client application controls vtkSMProxies with the help of
pqProxy class. This class helps with vtk event to qt signal slot
translation.

There is more to the story than just the above. Perhaps Utkarsh, Berk
or some of the developers from ETI will add more detail.