[Paraview] Error while saving data

Fred Fred stan1313 at hotmail.fr
Wed Mar 4 13:00:09 EST 2009

Hello,
I have a multiblock dataset, which I have sliced and put a SurfaceVectors so as to have a 2D vector field. I have checked that everything is fine by putting a StreamTracer and a Glyph generator but now I would like to save this 2D dataset.
What I have done is to select the SurfaceVectors object in the pipeline area, use File->Save Data and select VTK Ascii format and clic the save button.
But I get the following message:

  ERROR: In /usr/local/ParaView-3.4.0/Servers/Filters/vtkCompleteArrays.cxx, line 138
vtkCompleteArrays (0x58eb3280): Could not create point array. The output will not contain points

  ERROR: In /usr/local/ParaView-3.4.0/Servers/Filters/vtkCompleteArrays.cxx, line 138
vtkCompleteArrays (0x58eb3280): Could not create point array. The output will not contain points

I suspect selecting the SurfaceVectors object is not the good way to indicate to Paraview I want to save the sliced subset of the data so how should I proceed?

Second question : the bounding volume of the dataset has not changed after I have sliced it so I suspect the new - 2D - dataset will be have a 3D extend, so how to get a "real" 2D dataset, ie with dimensions like NxPx1?

Thanks in advance for your help.