[Paraview] surface transparency

Remik Ziemlinski remik.ziemlinski at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 16:05:12 EST 2009

Jacques Papper wrote:
> Could you possibly use a threshold to separate the regions you want to
> make transparent ?
Thanks for the idea, but I'm trying to avoid clipping or cutting the
geometry.  What I'd like is to have smooth gradations of transparency.
I also don't want an additional data processing step in the pipeline.
For many years I've used this in standalone vtk-python scripts, etc.
because it is possible, but the colormap editor gui seems crippled; I've
even written my own colormap guis like that before.  I'm trying to get
my users to gravitate towards Paraview as a uniform tool instead of
various custom scripts.

Remik