[Paraview] Glyph scaling and orienting/programmable filter?

Pawel Krupinski exmeson at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 03:41:53 EST 2009

Thanks for reply,
but I don't think it will work in my case. Maybe I wasn't specific enough about my data and it was confusing.
I have point data witch represent centers of ellipsoidal cells. With each point there are associated lengths of ellipsoid axes (e.g. as a vector data), which can be different for each ellipsoid, and directions of those axes in space (3 vectors). I want to display those ellipsoids oriented and in appropriate scale.
So I was thinking:  I need to scale spheres anisotropically to get ellipsoids so I really need to do it by scaling with vector components of the scales/axes_length vector. Scaling by scalars works isotropically so it won't help. Now I need to align axes of each ellipsoid in space. I probably need to do it by programmable filter, but I don't know how to operate on separate glyphs (ellipsoids) and their data. Did anyone have similar problem and solved it somehow?
Thanks.
Pawel