[Paraview] Volume representation not working

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Jul 30 17:20:44 EDT 2009

I disagree.  The current behavior looks fine to me.

 1.  Changing the range to make the bottom part visible is a bad idea.  A better way to get the same effect is to raise the opacity of the leftmost control point a bit.
 2.  ParaView makes no effort to build a transfer function.  The default is going to be insufficient most of the time.  You are expected to have to edit the transfer function for your particular data.  Nevertheless, as a static default setting, it works better than any other I have seen.
 3.  Rendering the empty space as empty makes sense to me.  Much of the time the space is really empty.  Even if it is not, the region clearly has no information as it has the constant minimal value.  Might as well get it out of the way to see the interesting stuff.
 4.  If you don't like that, you can set whatever transfer function you want to be the default.  Raise up the left control point and hit "Make Default".

-Ken