[Paraview] Visualize slice thickness?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 14:54:39 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 2:35 PM, pat marion <pat.marion at kitware.com> wrote:

> You could try the Extract Cells By Region filter, set it to plane,
> then check "extract only intersected" and "extract intersected."
>
> http://patmarion.com/pv/extract_region.png
>
> Pat

Pat,

Yes, that is exactly what I'm looking for. The only difference is that that
cutting plane moves in infinitesimally small steps that eventually line up
with the next step of the actual image cell grid, where the "slice"
representation moves in discrete steps, one column of the image grid at a
time. Would it be hard to combine these two functions to produce this
functionality?

Thanks,

David