[Paraview] Ellipsoid glyphs

Bryn Lloyd blloyd at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Jul 30 06:02:11 EDT 2009

Hi Thorsten,

You need to have tensor data, e.g. curvature tensors or whatever...
for your grid or image, you would call:

grid->GetPointData()->SetTensors(data)

where data is a vtkDataArray, e.g. of type double, with 9 components (
the three rows of the 3x3 tensor). I don't know what happens if there
are fewer components.

There is an example data set in the VTK Data called "tensors.vtk".

http://www.vtk.org/files/release/5.4/vtkdata-5.4.2.tar.gz

Or my own simple data here:

http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~blloyd/vtkTensorGlyphFilter/tensors.vtk

Cheers
Bryn

> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:36:47 +0200
> From: Thorsten Hater <th at tp1.rub.de>
> Subject: Re: [Paraview] Ellipsoid glyphs
> To: "paraView at paraview.org" <paraView at paraview.org>
>
> Thank you very much, this sounds like what I need.
> The code compiles and runs fine (which means, it doesnt
> crash ParaView upon loading). The remaining question
> is, what would the correct input data be?
>
> Best regards,
>     Thorsten
>
> Bryn Lloyd wrote:
>> I use following code to display tensors with ellipsoid glyphs:
>>
>> http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~blloyd/vtkTensorGlyphFilter/
>>

>> Cheers
>> Bryn

>> Powered by www.kitware.com