[Paraview] Extraneous lines when saving large screenshots

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Jul 28 08:44:06 EDT 2009

By default, ParaView tries to use off-screen rendering using FBO's and
such for saving screenshots to avoid issues with overlapped windows
among other things. Depending on your OpenGL drivers, offscreen
rendering may produce slightly different results. In that case,
there's a check box in Edit|Settings (Render View) dialog, called "Use
Offscreen Rendering for Screenshots". Uncheck that, and ParaView will
no use offscreen rendering for screenshots. Does that help with issues
you are seeing with anti-aliasing?

Simply resizing the window often doesn't work if the requested
resolution is larger than the screen size. Hence we have to go with
tiling when rendering large screenshots.

Utkarsh