[Paraview] vtkIdType of int for 64bit Linux binary of PV 3.6.1?

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Sat Jul 25 00:25:23 EDT 2009

Hi,

Trying to create a plugin that can be loaded into the precompiled
official ParaView 3.6.1 binaries from Kitware, I noticed that the
Linux 64bit package (paraview-3.6.1-Linux64-x86.tar.gz) was compiled
with the actual type of vtkIdType set to int. For example,

$ nm libvtkCommon.so.pv3.6 | c++filt | grep vtkDataArray::GetComponent
00000000000f5400 T vtkDataArray::GetComponent(int, int)

where the first int argument is of type vtkIdType at the source code
level. Indeed, my plugin won't load unless it was compiled and linked
with a ParaView build with VTK_USE_64BIT_IDS=OFF.

On the other hand, when I do the same for the official Linux 64bit
ParaView 3.4.0, I get the following.

$ nm libvtkCommon.so.pv3.4 | c++filt | grep vtkDataArray::GetComponent
00000000000f8d50 T vtkDataArray::GetComponent(long long, int)

Just out of curiosity, is this intended?

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN