[Paraview] Multiple servers

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 14:54:51 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 1:50 PM, pat marion<pat.marion at kitware.com> wrote:
> Sorry,  I can't give you a guess what the problem might be.  Double check
> that you used the same source to compile paraview and pvserver on the
> various machines, and the same mpi library versions.  Is one machine 32 bit
> and one 64 bit?  Does paraview work as expected if you create objects from
> the Sources menu?
>
> Pat

Ok I think that last stuff was my fault - I had lingering old versions
of OpenMPI in the cmake config. I started from fresh svn source and
empty bin directories on both machines: here is the new result:
The two machines are different architectures (32 and 64 bit) , but I
configured openmpi with --enable-heterogeneous and that fixed that
problem.

[doriad at daviddoria paraview_benchmarks]$ mpirun -machinefile
local_1+sgi_8.txt pvserver --use-offscreen-rendering
Listen on port: 11111
Waiting for client...
Client connected.

Then I try to add a sphere source, and get this in the terminal:

Process id: 0 >> Generic Warning: In
/home/doriad/src/ParaView3/VTK/Parallel/vtkMPICommunicator.cxx, line
61
MPI had an error
MPI_ERR_TRUNCATE: message truncated

MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode 15.

NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them.
mpirun has exited due to process rank 0 with PID 15295 on
node daviddoria exiting without calling "finalize". This may
have caused other processes in the application to be
terminated by signals sent by mpirun (as reported here).

and this in the paraview output messages:

ERROR: In /home/doriad/src/ParaView3/Servers/Common/vtkServerConnection.cxx,
line 67
vtkServerConnection (0x98bcc08): Server Connection Closed!

We'll get this going eventually... haha

Thanks,

David