[Paraview] Paraview 3.6.1 on Windows 32 : Help crashes

Dave Partyka dave.partyka at kitware.com
Thu Jul 23 08:02:21 EDT 2009

Hi Richard,
If you run ParaView from the shortcut on the start menu it "should" work.
This is because the shortcut runs from the top level installation directory
(C:\Program Files\Paraview) This is a know problem that I've only been able
to recreate by running the binary directly from the installation folder
(C:\Program Files\ParaView\bin) or by running ParaView from a command prompt
after cd'ing to the bin folder.

<http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=9298>Where you able to recreate
it a different way? How did you launch ParaView to get this to happen? You
are correct in that the problem is with pqClientDocFinder. Our goal is to
get rid of that all together.