[Paraview] How to implement a multiview

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Wed Jul 22 12:38:15 EDT 2009

Correct, comparative view is only useful for viewing changes in filter
properties or time.

It may be possible to "cheat" to get comparative view to do some of what you
want, but is definitely not an ideal solution...

Instead of 1 dataset with 8 variables, save your dataset 8 times, each with
a different variable but use the same variable name.  Now create a .pvd file
that has 8 timesteps, each timestep points to one of the datasets.  The
comparative view will automatically show one "timestep" in each view frame,
but really you're looking at your 8 different data variables.  The cameras
will be linked.  All datasets will have to share the same colormap.

Pat