[Paraview] Multiblock Dataset number of points

Zhanping Liu zhanping.liu at kitware.com
Tue Jul 21 10:44:41 EDT 2009

Hi Renato:

   As I explained to Rafael yesterday, the current version of VTK EnSight
Reader-6 just adopts a storage mechanism complying with the format of
EnSight-6. In other words, a common set of points, in the form of a
vtkPoints object, is created that is then accessed by those constituent
blocks to construct the topology (in the form of tetrahedra, wedges, and so
forth) of the data. The information of each block (shown via ParaView panel)
refers to the number of the aforementioned common / super set of points
(instead of the exact set used to define the block topology). I consulted
our group leader and was told to currently keep this situation as is.

   To add some code to show the exact number of points making a block, I
need to discuss it with our group leader.

   Thanks for your suggestions and the dataset. BTW, your understanding of
the number of points issue is correct.

   -Zhanping
   --
Zhanping Liu, PhD