[Paraview] Multiblock Dataset number of points

Rafael March rafaelmarch3 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 20 13:20:09 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm experiencing something weird when opening Ensight case files with ParaView.

I am able to open them normally, and ParaView instantiates a Multiblock Dataset with the parts corresponding to the ones contained in the .geo file. But when I open the model, the "number of points" info in the "information" tab doesn't seem to be right. It displays the same number to all the components (which does not correspond to the reality) and this number is quite larger than the real number of point.

I posted an example in the link below. I opened a Multiblock and extracted a block of it. ParaView says it has 38560 points, but it is visually obvious that this information is wrong. Is this a bug ?
http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias/paraview/pv-fig-num-points.jpg