[Paraview] Color coding of a vector

Xi Tan xit at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 8 18:40:22 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am new to paraview and I have been struggling with the color coding
problem. What I want to do is to color a whole bunch of cells by the
specific vector associated with each of them. The coloring scheme is to
set the x,y and z components as the (r,g,b) components, since I don't
like the default setting which uses the magnitude of the vector. This
coloring scheme seems possible since someone mentioned it in,

http://markmail.org/message/qv2ujjeyx546eoon#query:vtk%20vector%20field%
20color+page:1+mid:k27k5fzjzxqmgg5d+state:results

But I searched for quite a while, however, I had gotten the luck yet.
Anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance,
Xi Tan